August 8th is International Cat Day. What a better way to celebrate your furry friends than by including them in your emergency home plans?
Below are a few things you can do:
1. Make a plan – identify friends and family that are willing to shelter you and/or your animal.
2. Make a Go Bag with pet supplies and veterinarian information.
3. Make sure all pets wear collars and tags with up-to-date identification
4. Get your cat accustomed to their carrier
5. Make sure all household members know your cat’s favorite hiding spots
6. Let rescuers know about your pets
7. Once you’re safe, check your cat for injuries or smoke inhalation